The Dirt King Fabrication long travel kit for the 2007-2018 Chevy/GMC 1500 was developed to drastically improve the 1500's off-road handling without compromising its day to day driving characteristics. This suspension system allows for 13” of travel and accepts up to a 37” tire. The kit is compatible with 2WD models and 4WD models along with the purchase of extended axle shafts. Our upper and lower arms are designed with 1” stainless steel uniballs for the outer pivots instead of ball joints for strength and increased articulation. The lower arms have recessed shock mounting allowing 8" coil overs to fit without any modifications. This kit is CAD designed, thoroughly tested, and 100% made in America resulting in a product we’re proud to put our name on!
- Bolt on application, minimal modifications required
- Utilizes American made FK bearings
- 4130 chromoly uniball cups
- Delrin bushings for the UCA’s and LCA’s
- Zinc plated inner bushing sleeves
- Grease fittings for easy servicing
- 3/16" and 1/8” boxed plate construction
- Internally ribbed with extrusions for weight reduction
- Bump stop plating
- Limit strap tabbing
- Bypass tabbing
- Ability to adapt factory sway bar
- Wheel Travel: 13”
- Amount of Lift: 0-4”
- Track Width: 3.5” wider per side
- Maximum Tire Size: 37”
- Maximum Backspacing: 5”
- Minimum Rim Size: 17”
- Coil over Shock Size: 2.5” x 8”
- Bypass Shock Size: 3.0” x 8”
- Bump Stop Size: 2.0” x 2.0”
- Compatible with Sway Bar: Yes (DK-631955)
- Boxed plate upper control arms
- Boxed plate lower control arms
- 9" quad wrapped limit straps
- Weld on adjustable limit strap mounts
- 17-4 stainless steel misalignment spacers
- 17-4 stainless steel tie rod extensions
- DOT approved extended brake lines
- Grade 8 mounting hardware
- FK bearings
- Delrin steering stops
- Lower Arm Weld Washers
For the best performance and to achieve the full amount of travel you must purchase our spec built coil over shocks or have them custom built based on our shock spec sheet. In addition, our long travel kit is tabbed to accommodate bypass shocks. The bypass shocks will allow for superior suspension dampening and tunability. To mount the bypasses we offer a weld on bypass shock hoop kit (DK-631910) that can be purchased separately. The bypass shock hoop kit requires welding and modifications to the frame. You have the option of installing 2.5” diameter by 8” stroke bypass shocks or 3.0” diameter by 8” stroke bypass shocks.
When shopping long travel kits many consumers tend to focus just on travel numbers. This is the reason many companies claim inaccurate numbers or don’t disclose the amount of work involved to achieve these numbers. Our goal is to build a suspension system with the highest amount of wheel travel without requiring major modifications to the vehicle or compromising its overall drivability.
When installing 37” tires with this kit you must modify the wheel wells to avoid contact at full bump. We have solved this problem by developing complete bolt on front wheel wells for proper tire clearance. The firewall pinch weld will also need to be folded over to clear the 37” tires.
SDHQ: Built for Adventure
Experience American-made excellence from SDHQ, your fellow off-road enthusiasts. We take pride in crafting high-quality, custom products right at our headquarters for unparalleled performance and durability.
Check out what 'SDHQ Built' means for us as well as our customers: