Nitro Gear and Axle's complete gear kit is designed to improve performance and fuel economy for the 2007-2018 Jeep JK (Non-Rubicon).
If you've fitted larger tires to your Jeep then you have likely experienced a loss in performance and fuel economy. Most people also recognize the constant shifting of the transmission as it 'hunts' for a gear that works best with those larger tires. This happens because the larger tires reduce your engine's RPMs below the optimal power band. Re-gearing the differentials in your vehicle is the only way to get your vehicle back into its optimal operating RPM range, thus improving performance and reducing strain on your vehicle's drive-train. This is especially important for today's Jeep Wrangler as they feature small displacement engines, with tall factory gearing and overdrive transmissions which are less tolerant to increase in tire size or the weight of added accessories.
It's a common misconception that gear changes are reserved only to hardcore off-roaders or trucks with huge tires. However, re-gearing is one of the single most beneficial modifications you can make to keep the performance, economy, and durability of your daily-driven 4x4. This is a mod for anyone with larger tires, increased weight, or for increased performance on stock vehicles for towing or increased acceleration.
- 2007- 2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Non Rubicon
- Front Differential: Dana JK Model 30
- Rear Differential: Dana JK Model 44
- Gear Ratio: 4.11, 4.56, 4.88 or 5.13
- Manufactured in South Korea
8620 Steel Gear Forgings Precision Machining CNC Triple-lapping Heat Treatment Rockwell Hardness Tested
- Nitro front ring & pinion
- Nitro front Master Install Kit
- Nitro rear ring & pinion
- Nitro rear Master Install Kit
- 3.73 & Up Front Carrier Required. Models with factory 3.21 gears will also need front carrier part # NC-Dana 30JK-4. (Sold Separately). Dana 30 & Dana 44 JK models are specific to the wrangler JK, they are not universal.