An imperfection on the sealing surface of a fitting can cause it to leak. And what if it is a weld-in bung? In the past you would have to replace the fitting, a major headache, but now you can repair it on location. The Fitting Fixer utilizes an inverted cone, diamond-dust coated lapping head to repair the conical surface and restore the seal with the flared tube.
Using this tool is simple. The damaged fitting screws into a guide that holds it in place. Next, connect the lapping head to a drill and spin it intermittently about a half dozen times. Inspect the sealing surface to see if there are any imperfections. If damage is still visible, repeat the lapping process until you have a clean surface.
- Repairs the sealing surface on 37° fittings.
- Utilizes an inverted cone, diamond-dust coated lapping head.
- Portable – Easy to carry – Easy to use.
- Works with a drill (all sizes) or tap handle (sizes -3 to -6).
- Includes a custom storage case.