ICON Vehicle Specific (V.S.) 2.5 Series finned reservoir piggyback rear shocks will to give your 2019-Current Ford Ranger outstanding performance off-road and a smooth ride on the street. These finned reservoir rear shocks are configured specifically for each application in both length and damping tune.
ICON'S unique use of a 6061 billet aluminum manifold a few inches below the top cap of the shock creates an internal Bump Zone that when used creates an additional 20% of damping force. This additional force helps prevent harsh bottom outs and controls the suspension when compressing at high velocity.
- ICON’s internal “Bump Zone” increases damping by 20% to provide more control as the shock approaches full compression
- Remote reservoir design improves heat dissipation to reduce shock fade during prolonged use
- Premium grade 5WT shock oil for consistent suspension damping along a wide temperature range
- Nitrogen charged monotube design with piggyback reservoir
- One piece digressive piston design with vehicle specific valving for unsurpassed performance and ride quality on and off-road
- 7/8” diameter induction hardened, chrome plated shock shaft
- PTFE lined spherical bearings and application specific mounting hardware
- 6061 aircraft grade aluminum CNC machined components
- CAD plated, precision machined 1026 DOM steel shock body for maximum durability and corrosion resistance
- 100% Rebuildable
- 100% Revalveable
CDC VALVE FEATURES:
The ICON CDC Valve upgrade is included for those desiring an easy way to tune the ride externally with 10 adjustment settings from soft to hard. When paired with ICON rear 2.0 Aluminum Series or 2.5 Series shocks, vehicle control will be balanced front to rear resulting in the best overall driving experience for your vehicle.
- CDC Valve shocks are application specific tuned like all ICON shocks
- Internally calibrated per application based on motion ratio, shaft diameter, and vehicle weights
- 10 detented stops and large adjuster knob provide easy-to-feel adjustments
- Allows the end user to optimize vehicle's ride specific to his/her liking on all types of terrain
- Clearly engraved knob for direct reading of current setting
WHY DO I NEED FINNED RESERVOIRS?
Aside from improving the aesthetics of an existing ICON shock, these finned reservoir kits have functional advantages as well. A surface area increase of 115% provides improved heat dissipation and allows for the shocks to be pushed harder for a longer duration of time before experiencing a reduction in damping ability. This is especially important in ICON CDC Valve shocks, as heat is generated in the reservoir as well as the shock body. Another functional benefit to these new ICON finned reservoirs is dent resistance. In extremely rare cases a standard aluminum reservoir can be hit with rocks or debris and if dented, affect the function of the shock. The design of the ICON finned reservoir increases rigidity, while utilizing a slightly larger outside diameter allowing the fins to take the brunt of potential off-road damage without distorting the inner sealing surface.