This Carli kit is designed for a gas engine
Carli Suspension's Backcountry 2.0 suspension system for the 2017-Current Ford F250 and F350 with the 6.2L or 7.3L gas engine is designed for people seeking the best ride on and off-road quality on a budget; basically, the Commuter for those that want to have a little dirt-road fun in their 8,500lb truck without losing the on-road ride quality or usability for which the truck was designed.
Carli Signature Tuned Fox 2.0″ Performance Series Remote Reservoir Shocks provide users with a comfortable, greatly improved on-road ride and entry level off-road capability. This system is the beginning of the Utilitarian suspension lineup.
- 2017-2019: F250/F350 4×4, 6.2 Gas, 2.0″-2.5″ Front Lift
- 2020-Current F250/F350 4×4, 7.3 Gas, 3″ Front Lift
- Front Lift:
- 3" Lift-2020-Current F250/350
- 2.5" Lift-2017-2019 F250/350
- Rear Lift: 0-2"
- Front Travel: 9.6"
- Rear Travel: 13"
- Shock Diameter: 2.0
- Tire Fitment: 35"x12.50
SWAY BAR SELECTION
This Carli Suspension Kit must be accompanied of a Sway Bar option to form a complete system.
- SWAY BAR DROP BRACKETS-CS-FSBD-LVL-17
- Corrects Sway Bar Geometry in Carli Leveling Suspensions
- SWAY BAR END LINKS LEVELING-CS-FEL-LVL-17
- Extended Length to accommodate Leveled Trucks
- 17-4 Stainless Steel, Greasable and Fully Rebuildable
- Excellent Articulation
- Only Works on Carli Leveling Lifts
- TORSION SWAY BAR W/ END LINKS-CS-FTSB-LVL-17
- Direct Fitment to Carli Leveling Lifts
- Replaces Immobile Factory Sway Bar with Custom Torsion Bar
- Huge Ride Quality Improvement
- Includes CS-FEL-LVL-17 Drop Brackets and Sway Bar Links
BASE KIT INCLUDES:
- CS-FLC-05: Front Leveling Coils
- CS-FBC20SPKG-LVL-11-GAS Carli Custom Tuned Fox 2.0" Remote Reservoir Shocks, Front and Rear with Reservoir Mounts
- CS-FORDBBL-LVL-17-F: Front Brake Lines
- CS-FCASTERSHIM-2.5: 2° Caster Shims
- CS-FBDF-2.5-17: High Clearance Bump Stop Drops, Front
- CS-FATB-17: Track Bar
The truck will sit 2.5” higher in the front and have more wheel travel thanks to the lighter rate Carli Coil Springs. The Adjustable Track Bar centers the front axle and Stainless Brake Lines firm up braking and ensure there is enough line for the newfound travel. To round off the front end, we include Caster Shims to tighten the steering and a fabricated, High-Clearance Bump Stop Drop to keep the springs clear from the contacting the factory bump stop. The front Sway Bar Geometry will need to be addressed with your choice of a Sway Bar Drop Bracket (more economical, maintains the factory Sway Bar End Links) or our Extended Sway Bar links – a FAR more robust option. The replacement End Links are the only option compatible with a plow bracket.
The rear can be outfitted with a replacement Full Progressive Spring Pack (reduces capacity to a “light” ¾-ton) or factory leaf-pack modifying Progressive Add-a-Pack (eliminates the factory block and maintains payload capacity; pairs with a rear bump stop drop). This is where the F250 and F350 are a bit different. Since 2008, the main spring packs on these two trucks is different; the F250 has a lighter rate spring pack than its 350 counterpart. The F250 Add-a-Pack equipped systems are a nice improvement over stock; the F350 with the Add-a-Pack is still very stiff in the rear as the main pack doesn’t move much unless loaded. We recommend the Full Replacement Leaf Spring packs for both trucks but especially the F350 given the super-stiff factory springs. If capacity is a concern, an aftermarket airbag system should be installed to complement the Full Progressive Leaf Springs to restore the F350 capacity. We recommend a system that will allow the airbags to disconnect from the lower mount during suspension cycling to ensure you’re able to take advantage of all your rear suspension travel. The Full Progressive Leaf Spring Pack will shift the axle slightly forward in the wheel well to ensure maximum tire clearance for a 37” M/T at full compression.
WHEEL AND TIRE INFO:
Factory Wheels SHOULD NOT be run with oversized tires. They’re known to rub the radius arm, sway bar and most concerning – Brake Lines. Factory tires and factory wheels will work without issue but we DO NOT recommend running oversized tires on factory wheels. On our 2.5” Ford Systems, we recommend 17”-18” wheels, no more than 9” wide with 5.5” of backspacing with Carli Fabricated Radius Arms or 5” Backspace with factory arms; 5” will require a bit more trimming. Tires, 37×12.5” will fit with some trimming; 35” will likely fit without trimming. The more rubber, the better the small bump compliance will be at proper inflation pressures.