Carli Suspension's Backcountry 2.0 system 4.5" Lift for the 2017-Current Ford F250 and F350 is designed for people seeking the best ride on and off-road quality on a budget; basically, the commuter for those that want to have a little dirt-road fun in their 8,500lb truck without losing the on-road ride quality or usability for which the truck was designed. You’re no longer limited to the highway while gravel roads become uninteresting as you can drive them at speed with one hand on the wheel. Utilizing Fox 2.0” Remote Reservoir Shocks, we’ve developed a tune that delivers all around comfort and ride quality designed for on-road, in town, highway, towing/hauling as well as slow to mid speed off road use. The Fox 2.0s boast extruded aluminum construction with a clear anodizing for corrosion resistance, are fully rebuildable and are built with hour-glass bushings in the rod-ends. Fox builds these shocks with their legendary red shock oil that flows well down to -55° F.
- Front Lift:
- 5.5" Lift-2020-Current F250/350
- 4.5" Lift-2017-2019 F250/350
- Rear Lift: 0-2"
- Front Travel: 9.6"
- Rear Travel: 13"
- Shock Diameter: 2.0
- Tire Fitment: 35"x12.50
BASE KIT INCLUDES:
- CS-FMRC-05: Multi-Rate Coils
- CS-FBC20SPKG-45-05: Carli Custom Tuned Fox 2.0" Remote Reservoir Shocks, Front and Rear with Reservoir Mounts
- CS-FATB-17: Track Bar
- CS-FORDBBL-45-17: Brake Lines
- CS-FCASTERSHIM-4.5: 1° Caster Shims
- CS-FBDF-4.5-17: High Clearance Bump Stop Drops, Front
- CS-FRAD-17: Radius Arm Drops
SWAY BAR SELECTION
This Carli Suspension Kit must be accompanied of a Sway Bar option to form a complete system.
- SWAY BAR END LINK KIT-CS-FELKIT-45-17
- Combines End Links and Drop Brackets For Perfect Sway Bar Position
- 17-4 Stainless Steel, Fully Rebuildable
- Excellent Articulation
- Compatible with 4.5" & 5.5" Suspension Systems
- TORSION SWAY BAR W/ END LINKS-CS-FTSB-4.5-17
- Direct Fitment to Carli 4.5" & 5.5" Lifts
- Replaces Immobile Factory Sway Bar with Custom Torsion Bar
- Huge Ride Quality Improvement
- Includes CS-FEL-45-17 Drop Brackets and Sway Bar Links
- Fitment: 2017-Current Ford F250/F350 4x4
REAR LEAF SPRING SELECTION
This Carli Suspension Kit must be accompanied by a selection of a Leaf Spring option to form a complete system.
- PROGRESSIVE ADD-A-PACK-CS, 4.5" & 5.5" LIFTS,
- Built in the U.S.A. By Deaver Leaf Spring
- Smooth, Progressive Design
- Supplied with 2" Block, Bump Stop Drops, U-bolts and Hardware
- Provides Slightly Rear-High Stance with 4.5" & 5.5" Lifts
- Fitment: 2017-Current F250/350 4x4
- Load capacity is maintained, ride quality is improved
- FULL PROGRESSIVE LEAF SPRING KIT, 4.5" & 5.5" LIFTS,
- Block eliminating, Full Progressive Spring Pack
- "Light" 3/4-Ton Capacity, Max Bed-load 2,000lbs.
- Includes new U-Bolts and Rear Bump Stop Drops
- Provides a 1", rear high stance on Matching 4.5" Suspension Systems
- 37" Tire Fitment
- Fitment: 2017-Current F250/350 4x4, Diesel - 3.5"-4.0" Axle Tube
KIT DETAILS:The truck will sit 4.5” higher in the front and have more wheel travel thanks to the taller, Progressive Rate Coil Springs. Radius Arm Drop Brackets reset the pivot point and keep the travel linear for the best ride while the Sway Bar Link & Drop Brackets Kit resets the sway bar engagement point. The End Link Kit is listed as an “option”, but it’s necessary to run. We plan to release a Torsion Sway Bar in the near future so the end-link options were pulled from the base kit and made selectable in anticipation of the second option. Bump Stop Drops protect the shocks from over-compressing, the Adjustable Track Bar centers the front axle and Stainless Brake Lines firm up braking and ensure there is enough line for the newfound travel. To round off the front end, we include Caster Shims to tighten the steering.
The rear can be outfitted with a replacement Full Progressive Spring Pack (reduces capacity to a “light” ¾-ton) or factory leaf-pack modifying Progressive Add-a-Pack (maintains factory payload capacity and pairs with the included Carli Fabricated 2” block). This is where the F250 and F350 are a bit different. Since 2008, the main spring packs on these two trucks is different; the F250 has a lighter rate spring pack than its 350 counterpart. The F250 Add-a-Pack equipped systems are a nice improvement over stock; the F350 with the Add-a-Pack is still very stiff in the rear as the main pack doesn’t move much unless loaded. We recommend the Full Replacement Leaf Spring packs for both trucks but especially the F350 given the super-stiff factory springs. If capacity is a concern, the Full Progressive Leaf Springs can be supplemented back to the factory capacity of a SRW F350 with the addition of our Long-Travel Airbags. The Full Progressive Leaf Spring Pack will shift the axle slightly forward in the wheel well to ensure maximum tire clearance for a 37” M/T at full compression.
WHEEL AND TIRE INFO:
Factory Wheels SHOULD NOT be run with oversized tires. They’re known to rub the radius arm, sway bar and most concerning – Brake Lines. Factory tires and factory wheels will work without issue but we DO NOT recommend running oversized tires on factory wheels. On our 4.5” Ford Systems, we recommend 17”-18” wheels, no more than 9” wide with 5” of backspacing with a 37”, E-Rated Tire. The more rubber, the better the small bump compliance will be at proper inflation pressures. The ride will firm up as you go larger in wheel diameter.