Since the Raptor’s release ICON Vehicle Dynamics’ engineers have pushed this vehicle to extremes to develop the most sophisticated suspension components on the market. From the brutal deserts of the Southwest, to the deep snow of Michigan’s U.P., to the wooded trails of the East coast ICON suspension systems have been put to the test and performed flawlessly. Unable to leave “well-enough” alone, ICON is aiming to once again raise the bar in Raptor performance with the release of a multi-rate leaf spring that represents the latest component in the ICON complete suspension system for the Gen2 Raptor.
To fully take advantage of ICON’s 2017-2020 (Gen2) Ford Raptor offerings, ICON engineers decided to scrap the OE leaf springs and develop a replacement that addressed a couple issues found in the R&D process. The result is a user-adjustable multi-rate leaf pack that offers a major performance gain for almost every Raptor setup imaginable. To increase the ride quality of the truck and gain additional droop travel, the spring rate was designed to be slightly lighter than factory, which was found to be on the stiff side for smaller, choppier terrain. While most Raptor owners will embrace the improved ride quality this provides, there are those who have outfitted their trucks with a significant amount of weight and require more load carrying capability. Understanding this, ICON engineers designed the leaf pack with an additional leaf (included with kit) that can be exchanged or added to the pack, yielding an additional 20% or 40% spring rate that will work well for heavier vehicles.
Features like tip inserts and leaf separators add to ride comfort, while a triple military wrapped front and rear half wrapped eyelet increases durability and strength of the leaf spring. A rebound leaf was added to reduce the axle wrap of the Raptor, which was another issue that has been found through ICON’s extensive testing. These features all combine for a ride that is night and day smoother on choppy trails, rough dirt roads, and even in the parking lot. No matter if its a spare tire, chase rack, a roof top tent, or more this ICON leaf spring is the perfect option for 2017-Current (Gen2) Ford Raptor owners looking to improve the ride quality and performance with a reliable and proven bolt-on solution.
- 3 user-adjustable spring rates for unique vehicle setups
- Triple military wrap front eyelet and rear half wrap for increased durability
- Rebound leaf reduces severe axle wrap
- Leaf separators and tip inserts reduce noise and friction while increasing ride comfort
- Direct bolt-in to OEM spring location makes for an easy install
- “ICON 1K” tested under rigorous off-road conditions to validate tune, performance, strength, and durability
- Option #1 (as shipped)
- +1.00" lift height over stock (unloaded)
- Option #2
- +20% spring rate over Option #1 (unloaded)
- +2.25" lift height over stock (unloaded)
- +1.00" lift height over stock w/ 400lb constant load
- Option #3
- +40% spring rate over Option #1 (unloaded)
- +3.00" lift height over stock (unloaded)
- +0.50" lift height over stock w/ 850lb constant load
- 198510 (QTY: 2) | 17-UP RAPTOR MULTI RATE LEAF PACK W/ ADD IN LEAF
- 95225H (QTY: 1) | 17-UP RAPTOR MULTI RATE LEAF SPRING HARDWARE KIT
- Compatible with factory shocks
- Does not require modification of factory exhaust system
- Removal of the bed is not required for installation
- ICON multi-rate leaf springs require bump stop spacer kit (PN: 95226) if ICON's hydraulic bump stop kit (PN: 95121) is not used
SDHQ: Built for Adventure
Experience American-made excellence from SDHQ, your fellow off-road enthusiasts. We take pride in crafting high-quality, custom products right at our headquarters for unparalleled performance and durability.
Check out what 'SDHQ Built' means for us as well as our customers: