Designed for the 2003-2013 Ram 2500 and 3500 Carli Suspension's UnChained System is enough to put the build quality of the rest of the truck to the test. At this level of suspension, customers should install a cage as the off-road capability far exceeds the capability of the truck itself. The Front Boasts massive, long-travel 3.5” King Shocks with an off-road oriented tune; the rear, 3.0” 4-Tube King Bypass Shocks. The 4-tube bypass will have far more bottom-out resistance than their smooth-body counterparts and their capability is user tunable to achieve exactly the rear ride desired by the purchaser
- Front Lift: 6"
- Rear Lift: 4"
- Front Travel: 12.5"
- Rear Travel: 13"
- Shock Diameter: 3.5 (Front) 3.0 (Rear)
- Tire Fitment: 37"x12.50
BASE KIT INCLUDES:
- CS-DMRC6-03-D: Multi-Rate Coils
- CS-DATB-03: Track Bar
- CS-DPRBDROP-6: Track Bar Drop Bracket
- Radius Arm System with Long Crossmember
- Unchained 3.5 Shock Package - Stainless Shafts, Short Reservoir Mounts, Limit Straps
- CS-DFST525: Fabricated Shock Towers
- CS-DRBD-6: Rear Bump Drops
- CS-DFBD-6: Front Bump Stop Drops
- CS-D6BBL-03: Brake Lines
- CS-DRSMKIT-03: Fabricated Rear Shock Mounts
- CS-HOLESAWKIT-4.5: 4" Hole Saw and Arbor
- CS-D30GUSSET: Rear Shock Gusset Kit
SWAY BAR SELECTION
A “Base Kit” must be accompanied by the SKU of a Sway Bar option to form a complete system.
- TORSION SWAY BAR KIT, 6" LIFT-CS-DTSB6-03
- Easily the best "bang for the buck" upgrade for ride quality
- Allows front suspension to move freely without giving up control
- Frame Brackets are specific to Carli 6" Suspension Systems
REAR LEAF SPRING SELECTION
A “Base Kit” SKU must be accompanied by the SKU of a Leaf Spring option to form a complete system.
- FULL PROGRESSIVE LEAR SPRING PACK, 4" LIFT, DIESEL-CS-DFSP-6-03-D/CS-DFSP-6-10-D
- 4" rear lift maintains slight rear-hight stance with Carli 6" Systems
- Softens initial spring rate at ride height
- Minimizes axle wrap/wheel hop
- Reduces payload to "light" 3/4-ton capacity
- Capable of 15" of suspension travel with factory shackle
- A “Base Kit” must be accompanied by the SKU of a Sway Bar option to form a complete system.
- A “Base Kit” SKU must be accompanied by the SKU of a Leaf Spring option to form a complete system.
- 2003-07 Rams MUST convert to factory “T-Style” steering
The UnChained Suspension system is the only kit running a shock tune specifically for off-road. At this level of suspension, customers should install a cage as the off-road capability far exceeds the capability of the truck itself. This system was tuned with 37” x 13.5” Toyo M/T at 40F/35R.
The UnChained system features front Carli Signature tuned, King 3.5” remote reservoir shocks so large, we needed bore the factory spring buckets for them to cycle properly. As the old adage goes, there’s no replacement for displacement. In an effort to provide customers with the best product, we do not sell off-the-shelf King shocks. We spent countless hours dialing in an off-road oriented tune to ensure we maximized the performance of these monster-shocks while maintaining good road manners. To ensure the rear performance is on par with the front, Carli spec’d KING 3.0” 4-tube Bypass Shocks round off the rear.
For those unfamiliar, a bypass shock has external tubes with one-way check valves that are fully adjustable to allow users to tailor the amount of fluid that bypasses the piston/valving on either the compression or rebound stroke within the effective range of the bypass tube. Typically, there will be a tube surrounding the compression zone (at ride height) that will allow fluid to freely move around the piston giving a supple ride. Once a large hit is encountered, the piston will move upward closing off the port, thereby forcing all fluid through the valving which substantially increases the shock’s resistance in this secondary zone. This acts as an internal bump-stop of sorts and gives tunable progression to the shock making it the perfect dual purpose setup.
WHEEL AND TIRE:
This system will fit up to a 37” tire on wheels no more than 9” wide with 4.5” of backspacing. The more rubber, the better the small bump compliance will be at proper inflation pressures. The ride will firm up as you go larger in wheel diameter.