The ICON Vehicle Dynamics S2 Secondary Shock System redefines the off-road capability of 2003-2009 (4th Gen) Toyota 4Runner by allowing for the installation of a secondary shock to an existing ICON coilover setup. The addition of a secondary 2.5 Series or Omega Bypass shock means rougher terrain and larger off-road obstacles can be overcome with confidence as the damping ability of the vehicle's suspension is effectively doubled. As opposed to overly complicated and expensive long travel kits, the ICON S2 System is an affordable upgrade that drastically increases off-road performance, is easy to install, and has a modular design that allows Toyota owners to upgrade in steps or all at once.
The S2 Secondary Shock System utilizes the factory lower control arms and maintains OE track width while a combination of a billet aluminum shock tower adapters, fabricated shock hoops, and steel skid plates (with incorporated shock mounts) make for a straightforward install with the exceptional build quality you would expect from an ICON Vehicle Dynamics product. The system was designed to eliminate the need for any major alteration of the vehicle's frame or any other factory suspension components, and the components are 100% removable in case the system is to be installed on another vehicle. The modular design of the S2 kit also allows for standalone installation of the skid plates, which provides the added benefit of protecting the factory lower control arms from potential trail damage that can be experienced while off-road.
- Drastically improves vehicle damping ability off-road
- Increased vehicle stability on-road
- Utilizes factory lower control arms
- Maintains OE track width
- Vehicle-specific tuned secondary shocks provide increased damping and oil volume
- CDC Valve technology allows for quick and easy compression damping adjustment
- Shocks are fully rebuildable and revalveable
- "Mostly bolt-on" design makes for straightforward install
CDC VALVE FEATURES:
The ICON CDC Valve upgrade is included for those desiring an easy way to tune the ride externally with 10 adjustment settings from soft to hard. When paired with ICON rear 2.0 Aluminum Series or 2.5 Series shocks, vehicle control will be balanced front to rear resulting in the best overall driving experience for your vehicle.
- CDC Valve shocks are application specific tuned like all ICON shocks
- Internally calibrated per application based on motion ratio, shaft diameter, and vehicle weights
- 10 detented stops and large adjuster knob provide easy-to-feel adjustments
- Allows the end user to optimize vehicle's ride specific to his/her liking on all types of terrain
- Clearly engraved knob for direct reading of current setting
- 56102 (QTY: 1) | 07-UP FJ/03-UP 4RUNNER/05-UP TACOMA S2 SHOCK HOOP KIT
- 59706CP (QTY: 1) | TOYOTA S2 SECONDARY 2.5 RR CDCV PAIR
- 56101 (QTY: 1) | 07-09 FJ/03-09 4RUNNER /05-15 TACOMA LCA SKID PLATE KIT
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 17x8.5 with 4.75" Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 33" x 11.50" (Larger tires may fit but fender trimming and modifications will be required.)
- THESE ARE STAND-ALONE KITS AND ARE NOT TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY OTHER AFTERMARKET KITS
- SHOCKS ARE FULLY SERVICEABLE. COILOVER HEIGHTS INDICATED ARE FOR A STOCK EQUIPPED VEHICLE
- WELDING REQUIRED - LOWER CONTROL ARM
- DOES NOT WORK WITH TRD BIG BRAKE KIT
- NOT RECOMMENDED WITH REMOTE RESERVOIR COILOVER
- Ships in multiple boxes
SDHQ: Built for Adventure
Experience American-made excellence from SDHQ, your fellow off-road enthusiasts. We take pride in crafting high-quality, custom products right at our headquarters for unparalleled performance and durability.
Check out what 'SDHQ Built' means for us as well as our customers: