This ICON Stage 2 suspension system for the 2003-2009 Toyota 4Runner uses the same components as the Stage 1 system with a few simple changes and additions. The coil-over shocks used in this system are the Extended Travel version, they offer more wheel travel and will enhance your on and off-road performance even more so than the standard travel version. Since these shocks do have more suspension travel, they require the use of our 4Runner Uniball Upper Control Arm Kit. These uniball arms can withstand much more articulation than the factory arms and the Billet version we configured in this kit are even adjustable for caster and camber.
DELTA JOINT OPTION:
This system features upper control arms with ICON's patent pending Delta Joint. The Delta Joint is a heavy duty high angle ball joint that combines the durability of a ball joint with the performance characteristics of a traditional uniball. While the industry standard uniball does a great job of allowing the control arms of a vehicle to articulate with little bind, they do have an inherent weakness that leaves more to be desired when used in a daily driven application - exposure to the elements. The Delta Joint features a zinc plated housing providing the first layer of corrosion resistance, while a tough grease seal keeps potentially harmful elements out of the inner workings of the joint. Metal on metal construction and a greasable design increase the longevity of the Delta Joint while at the same time allowing for noise-free operation. What makes the Delta Joint unique is that it brings the best of both worlds to ICON upper control arms with features that make it more robust than a uniball, and at the same time capable of greater angularity than a typical ball joint.
- IVD Plating for front coil over shock bodies - Extreme weather / enviroments protective coating available for an additional charge
- We recommend the use of our #56100 shock shin guards or a protective boot to reduce the chance of shock shaft damage.
- These shocks are located in a vulnerable position that allows debris to easily come in direct contact with the shock shaft.
- OEM Wheels & Tires: Yes
- Aftermarket Wheels: 16" - 18" w/ up to 5" Backspace
- 20" + w/ up to 5.250 Backspace (pending wheel make)
- Aftermarket Tires: 33" Tall Tires
- Larger Tires May Fit but Fender Trimming and Modifications will be Required.
- 58645 (QTY - 1) - Extended Travel Adjustable Coil-over Shock Kit
- 58551 (QTY - 1) - Billet Uniball Upper Control Arm Kit
- 52700 (QTY - 1) - 2" Lift Rear Coil-spring Kit
- 56505 (QTY - 2) - ICON V.S. 2.0 Aluminum Series Rear Mono-tube Shocks w/ Internal Reservoir