The Carli Pintop for the 2003-2009 Dodge Ram is a Jack-of-all-trades system from which every Ram owner would benefit. Raising the Ram platform then adding the 2.5” diameter shocks will support the argument that these trucks should come equipped with 2.5” shocks from the factory. The higher end systems will get you more off-road capability, yes, and even a bit more on-road. The premium paid for these systems, however, doesn’t compare to the on and off-road ride quality per dollar spent on the Pintop. For these reasons, it will likely remain our best seller for years to come.
- Front Lift: 6"
- Rear Lift: 4"
- Front Travel: 12"
- Rear Travel: 13"
- Shock Diameter: 2.5
- Tire Fitment: 37"x12.50
BASE KIT INCLUDES:
- CS-DMRC6-03-D: Multi-Rate Coils
- CS-DATB-03: Track Bar
- CS-DPRBDROP-6: Track Bar Drop Bracket
- CS-DRA6-03-S: Radius Arm System with Short Crossmember
- CS-DPT25SPKG-03-6-D: Pintop 2.5" Shock Package, Stainless Shafts, Limit Straps, Short Reservoir Mounts
- CS-DRBD-6: Rear Bump Drops
- CS-DFBD-6: Front Bump Stop Drops
- CS-D6BBL-03: Brake Lines
A “Base Kit” must be accompanied by the SKU of a Sway Bar option to form a complete system.
- SWAY BAR SELECTION
- Extended Sway Bar End Links-CS-DEL6-10
- Corrects Sway Bar Geometry on 6" Radius Arm Equipped Lifts
- Combines Fabricated Sway Bar Drops and 17-4 Stainless Steel End Links
- Used for all 2003-2009 6" kits ONLY
- Also used on 2010-2013 6" kits that have a factory end link with a 15mm top nut.
- Torsion Sway Bar Kit-CS-DTSB3-03
- Easily the best "bang for the buck" upgrade for ride quality
- Allows front suspension to move freely without giving up control
- Requires removal of electronic sway bar on Power Wagons
The Details: The Carli 6” Systems are an entirely different animal than the 3” offerings. There is no entry level; every system is equipped with a custom tuned shock package and Radius Arm Conversion. The longer, flatter links cycle more linear travel and offer a superior ride quality over extending a short arm to work with a 6” front lift. Complete with a Driver’s side axle shock, Carli radius arms allow the axle to roll as to not bind during articulation; think of it as the strength of a radius arm and articulation capability of a 4-Link. Further, the drop brackets that affix the radius arms to the frame bolt on with no modification to the existing, factory control arm brackets (ensuring the truck can be returned to stock). The arms themselves boast “X” bracing internal to their gusseted, clam-shell structure and are constructed with 3” Currie Johnny Joints and an internally gusseted, 2-piece Crossmember making them both serviceable and nearly indestructible.
This system boasts Carli specific, blueprinted, King 2.5” shocks on all four corners. In an effort to provide customers with the best product, we designed a custom piston to determine proper base flow rates to ensure the shock works well in the heavy duty truck platform; we then tuned the shocks around the custom pistons based on the only thing that matters to us, seat-of-the-pants feel. We round off ALL our King shocks with shafts machined and polished from a solid piece of 17-4 Stainless. Unlike King’s standard shafts, there is no coating to wear off, weather is far less likely to hurt them and if there is a small chip, you can round the edges with emery cloth to ensure the seal housing isn’t damaged as they’re not brittle like the stock, hardened shafts. The shocks are finished with King oil good to -55* F. Note that all King shocks are built with a plated steel body. If subjected to inclement weather for extended periods, we recommend wrapping your shocks in 3M to provide a moisture barrier that’s replaceable.
WHEEL AND TIRE:
This system will fit up to a 37” tire on wheels no more than 9” wide with 4.5” of backspacing. The more rubber, the better the small bump compliance will be at proper inflation pressures. The ride will firm up as you go larger in wheel diameter.