About Birdwell Beach Jackets:
A new Birdwell tradition with classic California style.
For a brief moment in California during the 1960s, surf and hot-rodding were inseparable. Popular rockers like The Beach Boys and Dick Dale had ensured that the boardwalk was the only place to be — and wearing a bit of Birdwell gear meant you belonged there. Accordingly, street racers and car clubs from Newport to Pebble Beach adopted it as their own, often with their name embroidered on the front and a hand-sewn patch on the back.
The Men's Racing Jacket is our tribute to this moment, and to the classic car culture that still thrives in California to this day. Built from our ultra-durable SurfNyl™️ like the Competition Jacket, its design calls to mind a racing suit, with a versatile band collar that wears well with any shirt and reduces flapping at high speeds. Cut and sewn by expert craftspeople in Santa Ana, California, it also features a double zipper for mid-cruise adjustments and vertical stripes, which — naturally — make it faster.
FEATURES AND SPECS:
- Features: Band collar. Double brass zipper enclosure. Low profile stripes. Signature Birdwell wax pocket. Working buttons on cuff. Birdwell woven label on beck left hem. Pre-washed for softness and a worn-in look.
- Fit: Birdwell jackets are designed to be regular fit. Order one size up if you prefer a looser fit.
- Fabric: Body and liner layers made of Birdwell’s proprietary 2-ply SurfNyl™️ for durability and comfort.
- Construction: Double-stitched with high-strength nylon thread. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash on gentle cycle. Hang dry only.