The 5.0 Brushless Gear Pump, the flagship of Aeromotive electric fuel pumps, yields 5 gallons per minute at 13.5-V and 40-PSI. It features a -12 AN inlet and -10 AN outlet. Built for up to 90 psi of sustained pressure, this new pump features our integral, internal Spur-Gear pumping mechanism which allows for higher pressures with minimal drop in flow. Aeromotive is proud to offer this new 5.0 Brushless Gear Pump, which is the single, highest flowing electric fuel pump available on the market today.
- ORB-12 inlet and ORB-10 outlet ports.
- For EFI applications use regulator P/N 13134 or P/N 13110.
- For carbureted applications use regulator P/N 13202 or P/N 13212.
- Capable of 90-PSI continuous operating pressure, 150 PSI peak pressure, base plus boost.
- Fully submersible for custom, in-tank placement.
- Perfect for ‘blow-through’ carbureted engines up to 2,700 FWHP (race gas).
- EFI Rated flow of 1,700 lbs./hr. @ 40 psi, 13.5 volts
- Carb Rated Flow of 1,850 lbs./hr. @ 9 psi, 13.5 volts
Brushless motors employ sensors to monitor rotor angle to provide faster and more reliable phase shifting, producing more torque capacity and motor efficiency. Instead of the armature rotating, in a brushless motor the magnets rotate around the armature and the motor controller manages the phase shift to keep the motor rotating under load (load is related to pressure in a fuel pump). With more torque per watt and a higher torque to weight ratio, brushless motors produce lower noise and deliver higher reliability.
With a higher level of efficiency, down to fractions of a second in design speed control, the new Aeromotive brushless fuel pumps provide precise control of fuel pump RPM as pressure rises, better maintaining pump RPM and flow, producing a flatter flow curve. Tight tolerances result in less current draw, less heat and extended life. Now there is the ability to upgrade to a premium brushless pump for faster, more reliable and uninterrupted fuel delivery with less power consumption and potential for wear or failure.