Carli Suspension's most popular system, the Pintop kit for the 2017-Current Ford F250 and F350 boasts 2.5″, Remote Reservoir King Shocks. Designed and tuned in house for the customer looking for substantial on-road and off-road performance improvement. Customers can expect more control and bottom-out resistance than the Backcountry.
The Pintop is a Jack-of-all-trades system from which every Super Duty owner would benefit. Raising the Super Duty Platform then adding the 2.5” diameter shocks (55% more piston surface area than a 2.0” shock) will support the argument that these trucks should come equipped with 2.5” shocks from the factory. The higher end systems (currently in development, no ETA) will get you more off-road capability, yes, and even a bit more on-road. The premium paid for these systems; however, doesn’t compare to the on and off-road ride quality per dollar spent on the Pintop. For these reasons, it will likely remain our best seller for years to come.
- Front Lift:
- 5.5" Lift-2020-Current F250/350
- 4.5" Lift-2017-2019 F250/350
- Rear Lift: 3"
- Front Travel: 11"
- Rear Travel: 13"
- Shock Diameter: 2.5
- Tire Fitment: 35"x12.50
BASE KIT INCLUDES:
- CS-FMRC-05: Multi-Rate Coils
- CS-FPT25SPKG-45-05: Carli Custom Tuned KING 2.5" Remote Reservoir Shocks, Front and Rear with Stainless Shafts & Reservoir Mounts
- CS-FATB-17: Track Bar
- CS-FORDBBL-45-17: Brake Lines
- CS-FCASTERSHIM-4.5: 1° Caster Shims
- CS-FBDF-4.5-17: High Clearance Bump Stop Drops, Front
- CS-FRAD-17: Radius Arm Drops
SWAY BAR SELECTION
This Carli Suspension Kit must be accompanied of a Sway Bar option to form a complete system.
- SWAY BAR END LINK KIT-CS-FELKIT-45-17
- Combines End Links and Drop Brackets For Perfect Sway Bar Position
- 17-4 Stainless Steel, Fully Rebuildable
- Excellent Articulation
- Compatible with 4.5" & 5.5" Suspension Systems
- TORSION SWAY BAR W/ END LINKS-CS-FTSB-4.5-17
- Direct Fitment to Carli 4.5" & 5.5" Lifts
- Replaces Immobile Factory Sway Bar with Custom Torsion Bar
- Huge Ride Quality Improvement
- Includes CS-FEL-45-17 Drop Brackets and Sway Bar Links
- Fitment: 2017-Current Ford F250/F350 4x4
REAR LEAF SPRING SELECTION
This Carli Suspension Kit must be accompanied by a selection of a Leaf Spring option to form a complete system.
- PROGRESSIVE ADD-A-PACK-CS, 4.5" & 5.5" LIFTS,
- Built in the U.S.A. By Deaver Leaf Spring
- Smooth, Progressive Design
- Supplied with 2" Block, Bump Stop Drops, U-bolts and Hardware
- Provides Slightly Rear-High Stance with 4.5" & 5.5" Lifts
- Fitment: 2017-Current F250/350 4x4
- Load capacity is maintained, ride quality is improved
- FULL PROGRESSIVE LEAF SPRING KIT, 4.5" & 5.5" LIFTS,
- Block eliminating, Full Progressive Spring Pack
- "Light" 3/4-Ton Capacity, Max Bed-load 2,000lbs.
- Includes new U-Bolts and Rear Bump Stop Drops
- Provides a 1", rear high stance on Matching 4.5" Suspension Systems
- 37" Tire Fitment
- Fitment: 2017-Current F250/350 4x4, Diesel - 3.5"-4.0" Axle Tube
The Pintop system boasts Carli specific, blueprinted, King 2.5” shocks on all four corners. In an effort to provide customers with the best product, we designed a custom piston to determine proper base flow rates to ensure the shock works well in the heavy duty truck platform; we then tuned the shocks around the custom pistons based on the only thing that matters to us, seat-of-the-pants feel. We round off ALL our King shocks with shafts machined and polished from a solid piece of 17-4 Stainless. Unlike King’s standard shafts, there is no coating to wear off, weather can’t hurt them and if there is a small chip, you can round the edges with emery cloth to ensure the seal housing isn’t damaged as they’re not brittle like the stock, hardened shafts. The shocks are finished with King oil good to -55° F. Note that all King shocks are built with a plated steel body. If subjected to inclement weather for extended periods, we recommend wrapping your shocks in 3M to provide a moisture barrier that’s replaceable.
The truck will sit 4.5” higher in the front and have more wheel travel thanks to the taller, Progressive Rate Coil Springs. Radius Arm Drop Brackets reset the pivot point and keep the travel linear for the best ride while the Sway Bar Link & Drop Brackets Kit resets the sway bar engagement point. The End Link Kit is listed as an “option”, but it’s necessary to run. We plan to release a Torsion Sway Bar in the near future so the end-link options were pulled from the base kit and made selectable in anticipation of the second option. Bump Stop Drops protect the shocks from over-compressing, the Adjustable Track Bar centers the front axle and Stainless Brake Lines firm up braking and ensure there is enough line for the newfound travel. To round off the front end, we include Caster Shims to tighten the steering.
The rear can be outfitted with a replacement Full Progressive Spring Pack (reduces capacity to a “light” ¾-ton) or factory leaf-pack modifying Progressive Add-a-Pack (maintains factory payload capacity and pairs with the included Carli Fabricated 2” block). This is where the F250 and F350 are a bit different. Since 2008, the main spring packs on these two trucks is different; the F250 has a lighter rate spring pack than its 350 counterpart. The F250 Add-a-Pack equipped systems are a nice improvement over stock; the F350 with the Add-a-Pack is still very stiff in the rear as the main pack doesn’t move much unless loaded. We recommend the Full Replacement Leaf Spring packs for both trucks but especially the F350 given the super-stiff factory springs. If capacity is a concern, the Full Progressive Leaf Springs can be supplemented back to the factory capacity of a SRW F350 with the addition of our Long-Travel Airbags. The Full Progressive Leaf Spring Pack will shift the axle slightly forward in the wheel well to ensure maximum tire clearance for a 37” M/T at full compression.
WHEEL AND TIRE INFO:
Factory Wheels SHOULD NOT be run with oversized tires. They’re known to rub the radius arm, sway bar and most concerning – Brake Lines. Factory tires and factory wheels will work without issue but we DO NOT recommend running oversized tires on factory wheels. On our 4.5” Ford Systems, we recommend 17”-18” wheels, no more than 9” wide with 5” of backspacing with a 37”, E-Rated Tire. The more rubber, the better the small bump compliance will be at proper inflation pressures. The ride will firm up as you go larger in wheel diameter.