While ICON's 2.5 Series coilovers are an excellent choice for drivers looking for a great all-around performance upgrade, there are a select few Tundra owners seeking to drive their vehicles in a manner and in terrain that beckons for more. The ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2007-2021 Toyota Tundra 3.0 Series Coilover Kit with CDCV and finned remote reservoir will take the off-road capability of your Tundra to new levels by increasing wheel travel and significantly improving the damping ability of the front shocks.
Compared to the 2.5" diameter coilovers the 3.0 Series shocks see a piston surface area increase of 50% in the ride zone, and 100% in the "Bump Zone". This translates into increased stability and vehicle control at the extremes of off-road use, with benefits also making themselves apparent in on-road driving conditions. The multi-stage hydraulic Bump Zone featured in these 3.0 Series shocks exponentially increases bottom-out resistance as the shock travels through the last 40% of travel, keeping vehicle dynamics in check during those hard hits or unexpected obstacles.
These 3.0 Series coilovers were designed as an OEM shock replacement, making install a simple and straightforward bolt-on affair. Built in ride height adjustability yields 1.63-3" of front lift height allowing for the fitment of larger, more aggressive wheel and tire combinations. First class ICON manufacturing processes and quality components such as Eibach coil springs and FK Rod End bearings are used to ensure these shocks function to their maximum potential without issue.
- Significant increase in damping ability for excellent performance in extreme off-road conditions
- Increased wheel travel and vehicle specific valving provides comfortable and consistent ride quality on and off-road
- Adjustable coilovers provide 1.63-3" of front lift height
- Direct bolt-in to OEM shock location makes for an easy install
- ICON's multi-stage, tuneable hydraulic "Bump Zone" exponentially increases bottom-out resistance in the last 40% of compression travel
- Easy-to-adjust CDC Valve (Compression Damping Control) allows for end-user compression changes to suit all types of terrain and vehicle cargo configurations
- 10" aluminum reservoirs provide generous oil and nitrogen volume for consistent damping with temperature increase
- High quality ICON-engineered Eibach springs offer increased travel and performance
- PTFE lined COM12 spherical bearings ensure maximum strength and durability
- Heavy duty 1" CNC machined shock shafts
- Multi stage CAD plated shock body with hard anodized piston and top cap
- Fully serviceable
- "ICON 1K" tested under rigorous off-road conditions to validate tune, performance, strength, and durability
- Shocks are fully serviceable
- Coiloverheights indicated are for a stock equipped vehicle
- Sway bar tips must be rounded off for coil cup clearance
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 17x8.5 with 5.75" Backspace / 25mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 35 x 12.5" (Larger Tires May Fit but Fender Trimming and Modifications will be Required)
CDC VALVE FEATURES:
The ICON CDC Valve upgrade is included for those desiring an easy way to tune the ride externally with 10 adjustment settings from soft to hard. When paired with ICON rear 2.0 Aluminum Series or 2.5 Series shocks, vehicle control will be balanced front to rear resulting in the best overall driving experience for your vehicle.
- CDC Valve shocks are application specific tuned like all ICON shocks
- Internally calibrated per application based on motion ratio, shaft diameter, and vehicle weights
- 10 detented stops and large adjuster knob provide easy-to-feel adjustments
- Allows the end user to optimize vehicle's ride specific to his/her liking on all types of terrain
- Clearly engraved knob for direct reading of current setting
WHY DO I NEED FINNED RESERVOIRS?
Aside from improving the aesthetics of an existing ICON shock, these finned reservoir kits have functional advantages as well. A surface area increase of 115% provides improved heat dissipation and allows for the shocks to be pushed harder for a longer duration of time before experiencing a reduction in damping ability. This is especially important in ICON CDC Valve shocks, as heat is generated in the reservoir as well as the shock body. Another functional benefit to these new ICON finned reservoirs is dent resistance. In extremely rare cases a standard aluminum reservoir can be hit with rocks or debris and if dented, affect the function of the shock. The design of the ICON finned reservoir increases rigidity, while utilizing a slightly larger outside diameter allowing the fins to take the brunt of potential off-road damage without distorting the inner sealing surface.