The 2.5 DC RESERVOIR model allows precise fine-tuning of the high-& low-speed compression damping so you can adapt the suspension for your specific driving style and terrain conditions without compromise. It also features an external reservoir with increased oil volume for cooler operating temperature, providing better performance and consistency.
- Lift Range: 0 in. to 2 in. lift
- Shock Model: 2.5 DC RESERVOIR
- Shock Type: COILOVER (F) + NON-COILOVER (R)
- Reservoir Configuration: REMOTE
- Body Diameter / Material: 56mm, ALUM.
- Extended Length: F 19.17 in. / R 24.88 in.
- Compressed Length: F 14.72 in. / R 17.83 in.
- Stroke: F 4.45 in. / R 8.98 in.
- Spring Rate: F 700 lb/in
- Spring OD / Spring ID: 4.56 in. (116mm) / 3.00 in. (76.2mm)
- Firm and stable handling for driving on desert and fire roads (sports car feeling);
- Plush compliance while off-road driving over washboard;
- Strong ramping effect for extra bottom-out protection over large dips and washes;
- Maximum articulation and traction for rock climbing.
- Wide range of highly effective compression adjustment
- Precise fine-tuning of high-& low-speed compression, no need to compromise with your settings
- High-performance off-road capabilities
- Improved handling and comfort for casual driving
- Better traction
- Provides leveling capabilities for better weight distribution
- Increased protection against bottoming-out
- Two (2) 2.5 DC RESERVOIR Coilover front shocks
- Two (2) 2.5 DC PIGGYBACK rear shocks
- This configuration is for use with stock geometry and can accommodate 0 in. to 2 in. of lift with either stock or aftermarket upper control arms.
- Ride height is preset from our factory at approximately 1.5 in. of lift at the front for a stock truck with stock tires, actual ride height may vary depending on wheels dimensions and upper control arms used.
HIGH-FLOW DUAL COMPRESSION ADJUSTMENT OVERVIEW:
Elka Suspension’s Dual High- & Low-Speed Compression adjustment is an internal cartridge with two distinct circuits that control the hydraulic resistance for both highvelocity and low-velocity oil displacement. This enables very advanced fine-tuning for different types of impacts that would otherwise require the driver to make a compromise between a more comfortable softer suspension and a high-performance harder suspension.
LOW-SPEED COMPRESSION ADJUSTMENT (LSC):
The low-speed compression adjustment controls low-velocity compression damping (when the shock is compressing slowly). This technology allows the driver to fine-tune the firmness of the suspension to make it firm of soft depending on the driver’s needs according to terrain conditions or for different types of driving.
The easy to use red twisting knob will make the suspension harder when turned clockwise and will make the suspension softer when turned counter-clockwise.
EXAMPLES OF SITUATIONS THAT AFFECT THE LOW-SPEED COMPRESSION
- Front-end diving when cornering and braking
- Rear-end squatting under hard acceleration
- Driving over whoops at moderate speed
- Undulations and elevation changes in the terrain
HIGH-SPEED COMPRESSION ADJUSTMENT (HSC):
The high-speed compression adjustment controls high-velocity compression damping (when the shock is compressing quickly). This technology allows the driver to fine-tune the resistance of the suspension to impacts, allowing to control bottoming-out protection and absorption of vibrations.
The easy to use black twisting knob will make the suspension harder when turned clockwise and will make the suspension softer when turned counterclockwise.
EXAMPLES OF SITUATIONS THAT AFFECT THE HIGH-SPEED COMPRESSION
- Landing from jumps
- Harsh or sudden square-edged impacts
- Driving at high-speed over whoops
- Vibration when driving at very high speed over washboard or when driving over choppy terrain and tire tracks