When paired with Icon's RXT rear leaf springs these finned remote reservoir rear shocks from Icon Vehicle Dynamics will increase the wheel travel on your 2005-Current Toyota Tacoma.
- 2005-2015 (2nd Gen) Toyota Tacoma
- 2016-Current (3rd Gen) Toyota Tacoma
- Unique side-mounted lower eyelet allows for increased travel while utilizing factory mounting location
- Vehicle-specific tuned shocks provide increased damping and oil volume
- CDC Valve technology allows for 10 settings of quick and easy compression damping adjustment
- Easy-to-adjust detented knobs offer quick adjustability without the use of tools
- 10” aluminum reservoirs provide generous oil and nitrogen volume for consistent damping as shock temperature increases
- Shocks are fully rebuildable and revalveable
- Simple and straightforward installation
CDC VALVE FEATURES:
The ICON CDC Valve upgrade is included for those desiring an easy way to tune the ride externally with 10 adjustment settings from soft to hard. When paired with ICON rear 2.0 Aluminum Series or 2.5 Series shocks, vehicle control will be balanced front to rear resulting in the best overall driving experience for your vehicle.
- CDC Valve shocks are application specific tuned like all ICON shocks
- Internally calibrated per application based on motion ratio, shaft diameter, and vehicle weights
- 10 detented stops and large adjuster knob provide easy-to-feel adjustments
- Allows the end user to optimize vehicle's ride specific to his/her liking on all types of terrain
- Clearly engraved knob for direct reading of current setting
WHY DO I NEED FINNED RESERVOIRS?
Aside from improving the aesthetics of an existing ICON shock, these finned reservoir kits have functional advantages as well. A surface area increase of 115% provides improved heat dissipation and allows for the shocks to be pushed harder for a longer duration of time before experiencing a reduction in damping ability. This is especially important in ICON CDC Valve shocks, as heat is generated in the reservoir as well as the shock body. Another functional benefit to these new ICON finned reservoirs is dent resistance. In extremely rare cases a standard aluminum reservoir can be hit with rocks or debris and if dented, affect the function of the shock. The design of the ICON finned reservoir increases rigidity, while utilizing a slightly larger outside diameter allowing the fins to take the brunt of potential off-road damage without distorting the inner sealing surface.