ICON Vehicle Specific (V.S.) 2.5 Series shocks with Icon's CDC Valve and finned remote reservoirs are designed and built to give your 2005-Current Ford F250/F350 outstanding performance off-road and a smooth ride on the street.
These shocks are configured specifically for each application in both length and damping tune. Like all ICON'S Shock Absorbers, V.S. 2.5 Series shocks are 100% rebuildable and 100% revalveable. For piggyback and specific remote reservoir applications
ICON'S unique use of a 6061 billet aluminum manifold a few inches below the top cap of the shock creates an internal Bump Zone that when used creates an additional 20% of damping force. This additional force helps prevent harsh bottom outs and controls the suspension when compressing at high velocity. The ICON CDC Valve is an externally adjustable valve that restricts oil flow into the reservoir which creates 10 levels of compression damping force ranges.
- Nitrogen charged monotube design with remote reservoir
- Remote reservoir design improves heat dissipation to reduce shock fade during prolonged use
- ICON's CDC Valve technology allows for 10 levels of high-resolution compression adjustability with the turn of a knob
- 100% Rebuildable
- 6061 aircraft grade aluminum CNC machined components
- 7/8" diameter induction hardened, chrome plated shock shaft
- One piece digressive piston design with vehicle specific valving for unsurpassed performance and ride quality on and off-road
- Premium grade 5WT shock oil for consistent suspension damping along a wide temperature range
- ICON's internal "Bump Zone" increases damping by 20% to provide more control as the shock approaches full compression
- 100% Revalveable
- CAD plated, precision machined 1026 DOM steel shock body for maximum durability and corrosion resistance
- PTFE lined spherical bearings and application specific mounting hardware
CDC VALVE FEATURES:
The ICON CDC Valve upgrade is included for those desiring an easy way to tune the ride externally with 10 adjustment settings from soft to hard. When paired with ICON rear 2.0 Aluminum Series or 2.5 Series shocks, vehicle control will be balanced front to rear resulting in the best overall driving experience for your vehicle.
- CDC Valve shocks are application specific tuned like all ICON shocks
- Internally calibrated per application based on motion ratio, shaft diameter, and vehicle weights
- 10 detented stops and large adjuster knob provide easy-to-feel adjustments
- Allows the end user to optimize vehicle's ride specific to his/her liking on all types of terrain
- Clearly engraved knob for direct reading of current setting
WHY DO I NEED FINNED RESERVOIRS?
Aside from improving the aesthetics of an existing ICON shock, these finned reservoir kits have functional advantages as well. A surface area increase of 115% provides improved heat dissipation and allows for the shocks to be pushed harder for a longer duration of time before experiencing a reduction in damping ability. This is especially important in ICON CDC Valve shocks, as heat is generated in the reservoir as well as the shock body. Another functional benefit to these new ICON finned reservoirs is dent resistance. In extremely rare cases a standard aluminum reservoir can be hit with rocks or debris and if dented, affect the function of the shock. The design of the ICON finned reservoir increases rigidity, while utilizing a slightly larger outside diameter allowing the fins to take the brunt of potential off-road damage without distorting the inner sealing surface.