ICON Vehicle Dynamics V.S. Series 2.5” finned remote reservoir coilover shocks w/ CDEV are an incredible upgrade for the rear end of the 2021-Current Ford Bronco.
ICON's Top Of The Range suspension system features lightning fast, precise electronic shock tuning, on-the-fly, at any speed and in any terrain. Focus on driving and let ICON Intelligent Control (IIC) read the terrain and make near-instant adjustments via the Compression Damping Electronic Valve (CDEV) at each individual shock. Control the system wirelessly through the IIC app on your phone. Once configured the system functions without driver input.
TECH NOTE: Also requires installation of IIC kit (Part #43501) and CDEV rear coilover kit (Part #48700E-FR)
- VEHICLE FITMENT: 2021-Current Ford Bronco
- Non-Sasquatch Lift Heights: *3-inch lift height pertains to Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks and Black Diamond trims WITHOUT Sasquatch. Badlands without Sasquatch will get approximately 2.5" of lift.
- Sasquatch Lift Heights: All trims WITH Sasquatch, including WildTrak and First Edition, will get approximately 2 inches of lift. Note that lift figures may vary depending on the weight of optional and aftermarket accessories and payload.
- Improved suspension performance and ride quality over stock
- 14" Rear Travel; with 35" tires
- Rear coilovers are in a shaft up configuration for maximum travel
- ICON's CDE Valve technology allows for in vehicle adjustment of compression damping settings and active adjustment via the ICON Intelligent Control (IIC)
- Increased wheel travel and ride quality over stock
- Vehicle specific tuned for superior shock damping and control
- External reservoirs to attain cooler operating temperatures during extended off-road use
- 6061 Aircraft grade aluminum CNC machined components
- Corrosion resistant CAD plated shock bodies with 7/8" induction hardened, chrome plated shafts
- FK rod end bearings for extended longevity and minimal deflection
- Bolt-on kit - no cutting or welding necessary for installation
- 100% Rebuildable
- 100% Revalveable
Compression Damping Electronic Valve (CDEV) Overview:
Compression Damping Electronic Valve (CDEV) is an electronically controlled valve that meters the flow of oil to regulate the amount of damping force that is created by the shock when compressed. This infinitely variable valve can react in less than 40ms and has the ability to make extremely precise adjustments for varying terrain. CDEV’s hydraulic circuits are also custom tailored per application to create the highest resolution and dynamic range allowable for each specific vehicle. Powered by ICON Intelligent Control and proprietary ICON mobile app, the system uses information from the onboard G-force sensor and Gyroscope to perform calculations based on algorithms and user-defined settings to predict terrain and adjust shock settings via the CDEV accordingly.
WHY DO I NEED FINNED RESERVOIRS?
Aside from improving the aesthetics of an existing ICON shock, these finned reservoir kits have functional advantages as well. A surface area increase of 115% provides improved heat dissipation and allows for the shocks to be pushed harder for a longer duration of time before experiencing a reduction in damping ability. This is especially important in ICON CDC Valve shocks, as heat is generated in the reservoir as well as the shock body. Another functional benefit to these new ICON finned reservoirs is dent resistance. In extremely rare cases a standard aluminum reservoir can be hit with rocks or debris and if dented, affect the function of the shock. The design of the ICON finned reservoir increases rigidity, while utilizing a slightly larger outside diameter allowing the fins to take the brunt of potential off-road damage without distorting the inner sealing surface.