Icon Vehicle Dynamics EXP rear coilovers for the 2021-Current Ford Bronco combine the performance of a fully rebuildable 2.5-inch diameter premium shock with the convenience and cost-benefits of re-using the Bronco’s factory coil spring and other components.
IMPORTANT: ICON's EXP Series Coilovers are sold individually (quantity of 2 are required per vehicle)
EXP shocks are custom tuned by ICON engineers to maximize damping performance when used in conjunction with the Bronco’s stock coil springs. The increased piston size and shock oil volume provided by the 2.5-inch diameter aluminum body provide superior heat dissipation compared to the smaller, steel bodied OE shocks, resulting in longer-lasting shock performance over prolonged use at higher speeds and through rougher terrain. For those who would like to further tune their suspension, EXP shocks are fully re-valvable (and rebuildable) by any qualified shock technician, with parts available from ICON.
The 6061 billet aluminum coil spring seat is CNC machined to fit the molded heavy duty urethane coil spring seat that is specifically design for fit each of the Bronco model’s OE coil spring. A series of snap-ring grooves machined into the shock body provide easily-selectable ride height adjustment from 0 to 3” over stock, depending on the Bronco’s OE suspension system (HOSS 1.0 or 2.0). EXP shocks use the factory shaft-up orientation, with the shaft ends machined to re-use the Bronco’s OE upper shock and spring mounts.
- VEHICLE FITMENT:
- 2021-UP Ford Bronco Base without Sasquatch Package
- 2021-UP Ford Bronco Big Bend without Sasquatch Package
- 2021-UP Ford Bronco Black Diamond without Sasquatch Package
- 2021-UP Ford Bronco Outer Banks without Sasquatch Package
- Only compatible with 2021-UP Ford Broncos equipped with HOSS 1.0 Suspension Package
- Not compatible with Bronco Raptor
HOSS Package Notes:
- HOSS 1.0 Suspension Package is standard equipment on MOST Bronco sub-models without the Sasquatch package
- Exception: Bronco Badlands (HOSS 2.0 package is standard equipment, even without Sasquatch package)
- Vehicle specific design for 2021-UP Ford Bronco with HOSS 1.0 Suspension Package
- Vehicle specific tuned for superior shock damping and control
- 2.5 Aluminum Series Shocks with Internal Reservoirs
- Adjustable ride heights from 1.5-3” of rear lift over stock with the use of snap ring
- Utilizes factory coils and coil hardware
- Inverted shaft up design featuring 7/8” diameter, induction hardened, chrome plated shaft
- One-piece, impact extruded, hard anodized aluminum cylinders offer excellent corrosion resistance and consistent finish
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum components with a black anodized finish.
- PTFE lined spherical bearings for extended longevity and minimal deflection.
- 100% Bolt-on - no cutting or welding necessary for installation
- Fully rebuildable and re-tunable
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 17x8.5" w/ 5.75” Backspace / 25mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 35" x 12.50" (Requires high clearance crash bars, ICON part number 42000. 37" tire packages require trimming and modifications)
- TECH NOTE: Recommend ICON High Clearance Crash Bar Kit, part number 42000, when running 35” tires
- TECH NOTE: When running 37” tires crash bar removal may be required, but is not recommended
- TECH NOTE: Only compatible with 2021-UP Ford Broncos equipped with HOSS 1.0 Suspension Package
- TECH NOTE: Not compatible with Bronco Raptor