The ICON Vehicle Dynamics Front Hydraulic Bump Stop Kit for the 2018-Current Jeep JL was deigned to provide unparalleled off-road performance at the limits of wheel travel by adding an extra layer of ICON damping ability to the front of the new Jeep JL. The function of the bump stop is to control and limit the final position of the suspension during up-travel. The factory bump stops have a limited energy absorption capacity and an uncontrolled release of this energy upon rebound – translating into a harsh ride and poor handling during more aggressive driving in rough terrain. ICON’s Jeep JL Front Hydraulic Bump Stop Kit features velocity sensitive technology meaning that as the shaft speed increases the damping ramps up to provide excellent bottoming resistance that won’t negatively affect articulation. This energy is then released in a much more controlled manner allowing drivers to focus on the obstacles in front of them rather than being bounced around the cab.
- Straightforward bolt-on installation
- 2.5” travel hydraulic bump stop reduces front end bottom-out and improves overall vehicle performance
- Steel bump stop brackets guaranteed for life against breakage or manufacturer defect
- Velocity sensitive technology exponentially increases bottom-out resistance
- Vehicle specific bump stop tune provides smooth engagement and excellent ride quality
- Heavy duty 1.25” CNC machined nitro steel shafts
- Multi-stage CAD plated body for maximum corrosion resistance
- Replaceable noise-reducing striker pad
- Fully serviceable
- “ICON 1K” tested under rigorous off-road conditions to validate tune, performance, strength, and durability
- ICON bump stop units come factory charged to 150PSI, please consult ICON prior to making any nitrogen pressure changes.