ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2005-Current Toyota Tacoma stage 8 suspension system is designed with maximum performance and the serious driver in mind. Throughout the development of these systems ICON engineers’ primary focus is to increase wheel travel and damping ability, which translates into outstanding vehicle control and ride quality both on and off-road. This Stage 8 system goes a step further in delivering ICON performance to the Tacoma with the addition of rear suspension components that include an ICON RXT multi-rate leaf spring and a unique RXT-specific 2.5 Series shock.
The Stage 8 system includes vehicle-specific tuned 2.5 Series Extended Travel coilover shocks featuring a remote reservoir for exceptional cooling properties and ICON-engineered coil springs for superior vehicle “feel” through the range of travel. These coilovers are also height adjustable from 0-3.5” for 2005-2015 models or 0-2.75" for 2016-Up models, allowing the use of larger, more aggressive wheel and tire combinations. Used in conjunction with the included ICON upper control arm, these extended travel coilovers add increased droop travel to the front suspension. To increase the ride quality of the truck and gain additional droop travel, the ICON RXT multi-rate leaf springs are added to the rear. Designed with an additional leaf (included with kit) that can be exchanged or added to the pack to yield an additional 10-20% spring rate, this leaf spring is perfect for drivers seeking improved rear ride quality in an “unloaded” vehicle as well as those that are have outfitted their trucks with a significant amount of weight in the form of a bed rack, roof top tent, spare tires, parts, or other additions. To compliment this increase in rear wheel travel the Stage 8 system includes a unique 2.5 Series remote reservoir shock that features a side-mount eyelet that making it shorter in collapsed length, longer at extension, and still fits in the factory mounting location. A large ten inch remote reservoir was added to aid in heat dissipation and resist shock fade during spirited driving.
- Increased wheel travel and ride quality over stock
- Vehicle-specific tuned front and rear shocks for superior shock damping and control
- Adjustable coilovers provide up to 3.5" of front lift height (up to 2.75" on 2016-Up models)
- LIFT HEIGHTS:
- 2005-2015 (2nd Gen) Toyota Tacoma: 0-3.5"
- 2016-Current (3rd Gen) Toyota Tacoma: 0-2.75"
- Extended Travel coilovers matched with ICON UCA provides increased front droop travel
- 6061 aircraft grade aluminum CNC machined components
- Corrosion resistant CAD plated coilover shock body with 7/8" shaft
- 2.5 Series remote reservoir RXT rear shocks with 7/8" shaft
- Multi-Rate Leaf Spring with 3 user-adjustable spring rates for unique vehicle configurations
- ICON RXT Rear Shock with unique side-mounted lower eyelet allows for increased travel (up to 20%) while utilizing factory mounting location
- FK Rod End bearings for extended longevity and minimal deflection
- Shocks are fully rebuildable and revalveable
- Bolt-on system means no cutting or welding necessary for install
- “ICON 1K” tested under rigorous off-road conditions to validate tune, performance, strength, and durability
Spring Rate Options
- 650lbs. is the standard coil spring rate
- 700lbs. coil springs are included to better support added weight from accessories such as front bumpers and winches.
- UPPER CONTROL ARM OPTION
- 58550DJ (QTY: 1) | 05-UP TACOMA BILLET UCA DJ KIT
- 58450DJ (QTY.1) | 05-UP TACOMA TUBULAR UCA DJ KIT
- 51101 (QTY: 1) | 05-UP TACOMA MULTI RATE RXT LEAF SPRING KIT W/ U BOLTS
- 57826P (QTY: 1) | 05-UP TACOMA RXT REAR 2.5 RR PAIR
- 58735 (QTY: 1) | 05-UP TACOMA EXT TRAVEL 2.5 VS RR COILOVER KIT
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: ICON Alloys | 17x8.5 with 4.75” Backspace / 0mm Offset
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 33" x 11.50" (Larger tires may fit but fender trimming and modifications will be required.)
- 700LB/IN EXPEDITION COIL AVAILABLE FOR HEAVIER EQUIPPED VEHICLES
- SHOCKS ARE FULLY SERVICEABLE. COILOVER HEIGHTS INDICATED ARE FOR A STOCK EQUIPPED VEHICLE
- 2016-UP TACOMA LIFT RANGE IS 0-2.75”
- TRIMMING REQUIRED FOR RECOMMENDED TIRE SIZE (SDHQ RECOMMENDS USING OUR BODY MOUNT CHOP PLATES TO REDUCE RUBBING)
- BUMP STOP SPACER KIT 51045 CAN BE INSTALLED TO INCREASE PRELOAD .25” BEYOND MAXIMUM