Icon Vehicle Dynamics 2.5 Series Centerline Steering Stabilizer for the 2005-Current Ford F250/F350 Super Duty platform. Engineered to provide consistent steering damping with a through-shaft design, this new ICON Centerline Stabilizer eliminates the common push/pull sensation associated with traditional steering stabilizers. Developed to dampen the effects of larger, more aggressive tire and wheel combos in on and off-road use, this stabilizer features a high-strength, high-clearance mounting design that allows for use with all ICON suspension systems as well as a wide range of other aftermarket components.
- Through shaft design eliminates the push/pull sensation associated with traditional stabilizers
- Provides symmetrical steering feel throughout input range
- Drastically increased steering damping over stock unit
- 100% bolt-on installation
- Fully rebuildable ICON Vehicle Dynamics 2.5 Series shock
- Finned design yields 115% surface area increase for improved heat dissipation
- 6063 hard anodized aluminum shock body provides excellent corrosion resistance
- 7/8” chrome plated induction-hardened steel shaft
- Premium 5WT shock oil for consistent damping along a wide temperature range
- FK Rod End bearings for precise function & feel throughout steering input
This new 2.5 Series Centerline Steering Stabilizer shares several great features as our proven 2.0 Aluminum Series units such as premium 5WT shock oil that provides consistent damping characteristics across a wide operating temperature range, a high temperature long wear seal pack that stands up to harsh conditions found both on and off-road, and FK spherical bearings for precise and reliable operation. However the similarities stop there as this new stabilizer sees the benefit of a larger 2.5 Series finned cylinder constructed from a 6063 aluminum extrusion process. The finned design improves heat dissipation with a 115% increase in surface area, while the hard anodized finish provides excellent corrosion-resistant properties. This 2.5 Series Centerline stabilizer houses a larger main piston that allows the unit to easily damp the steering feedback produced by 37”, 40”, and larger diameter tires. The stabilizer is installed using a heavy duty laser-cut steel differential bracket and a CNC machined billet aluminum tie rod clamp with a locking rail-type mounting mechanism.
- After installation, cycle steering left and right to ensure full range of steering is achievable and stabilizer in installed correctly.
- Use the supplied 1” front bump stop spacers unless the suspension system that you are using calls for larger bump stop spacers. If using a non-ICON configuration, cycle the suspension to verify that the stabilizer does not make contact upon full compression.
- Mounts over stock front differential cover, not compatible with most aftermarket covers.
- Not compatible with aftermarket tie rods.