Carli's Backcountry 2.0 system for the 2014-2018 Ram 2500 is designed for people seeking the best ride on and off-road on a budget; perfect for those that want to have a little dirt-road fun in their 8,500lb truck without losing the on-road ride quality or usability for which the truck was designed.
You’re no longer limited to the highway while gravel roads become uninteresting as you can drive them at speed with one hand on the wheel. Utilizing Fox 2.0” Remote Reservoir Shocks, we’ve developed a shock tune that delivers all around comfort and ride quality designed for on-road, in town, highway, towing/hauling as well as slow to mid speed off road use. The Fox 2.0s boast extruded aluminum construction with a clear anodizing for corrosion resistance, are fully rebuildable and are built with hour-glass bushings in the rod-ends. Fox builds these shocks with their legendary red shock oil that flows well down to -55* F.
- Front Lift: 3.25"
- Rear Lift: 1"
- Front Travel: 9.6"
- Rear Travel: 11"
- Shock Diameter: 2.0
- Tire Fitment: 37"x12.50
BASE KIT INCLUDES:
- CS-DEL-R-14: Rear Sway Bar End Links
- CS-DFBD-1: Front Bump Drops
- CS-DLRC-14-D: Front Linear-Rate Coil Springs
- CS-DMRC-14-R: Rear Multi-Rate Coil Springs
- CS-DATB-1419: Adjustable Track Bar with Stabilizer Bracket
- CS-DRAD-14: Radius Arm Drops
- CS-DCM-20-HK: Transmission Crossmember, Extended Hardware Kit
- CS-DRBD-AL: Rear Bump Drops
- CS-DPRBDROP-14-R: Rear Track Bar Drop
- CS-DBC20SPKG-14-D: Carli Tuned Fox 2.0" Remote Reservoir Shocks, Front and Rear, Reservoir Mounts, Brake Line Tabs
SWAY BAR SELECTION
A “Base Kit” must be accompanied by the SKU of a Sway Bar option to form a complete system.
- SWAY BAR DROPS-CS-DSBD-14
- In-house machined billet aluminum
- Hard-Anodized for corrosion resistance
- Correct factory sway bar geometry on 3" Lift
- TORSION SWAY BAR-CS-DTSB3-1419
- Easily the best "bang for the buck" upgrade for ride quality
- Allows front suspension to move freely without giving up control
- Requires removal of electronic sway bar on Power Wagons
When pairing added down-travel with the taller ride height, the position of the factory, front sway bar will need to be altered as well. For this, we offer two options; Billet Sway Bar Drop Brackets or the replacement Torsion Sway Bar. The Billet Drop Blocks shift the sway bar down and forward to ensure the factory end links cycle properly throughout the entire extended travel range. Carli’s optional Torsion sway bar removes the entire factory sway bar assembly replacing it with a torsion bar supported by fabricated drop brackets and delrin bushings. Fabricated sway bar arms and dual 5/8” FK heim end links round off the package. This is the single best bang for the buck, ride-quality upgrade offered by Carli Suspension.
When lifting the front end of a straight axle truck, the front axle is pulled off-center unless the proper linkages are addressed. Three inches of front lift equates to an axle shifted toward the driver’s side ¾” and, in the radius arm equipped Rams, lightened caster and slight rearward axle shift. This system includes an Adjustable Track Bar to push the axle back toward the passenger side and provide a stronger link with less deflection for the lifted application. We also include Radius Arm Drop Brackets to recenter your caster adjustment and shift the axle forward to its new center of travel.
Everything is included to support flawless operation of all components. We include bump stop drops to ensure the shocks are cycling in their designed travel range as well as a rear track bar drop bracket minimizing the rear end “wag” associated with opposing track bar suspension designs.
WHEEL AND TIRE:
This system will fit up to a 37” tire when utilizing wheels that are no more than 9” wide with 5.75-6” of backspacing. A 12.5” wide should fit with no rubbing on the factory radius arm and only minor trimming required, while a 13.5” will require more trimming and slightly more offset to fit properly. 35” tires will fit with VERY minimal, if any trimming. We Recommend running an 18” diameter wheel for optimal ride quality (more rubber = better small bump compliance) on a 35”-37” E-rated tire running 45psi front, 40psi rear when unloaded.