Nitro Gear and Axle's complete gear kit is designed to improve performance and fuel economy for the 2016-Current (3rd Gen) Toyota Tacoma.
The 2016 & Newer Tacoma is a fantastic vehicle, the new engine packs a punch into a fairly small displacement, and needs RPM's to operate efficiently and at peak performance. We have found the factory gearing to be inadequate even on stock vehicles in many cases. By re-gearing your diffs with a Nitro Gear Package you can restore performance and economy by optimizing the RPM range your engine runs at. We've already provided gears for hundreds of the 2016+ Tacoma, with excellent feedback and reports of much better drivability, performance, and economy. Many say that they love that their truck is not constantly shifting, and just feels “right".
- Manufactured in South Korea
- 8620 Steel Gear Forgings
- Precision Machining
- CNC Triple-lapping
- Heat Treatment
- Rockwell Hardness Tested
- 2016 & Newer Tacoma Automatic with OEM locker
- 2016 & Newer Tacoma Manual with or without OEM locker
- Front Differential: Toyota 8" Reverse, Clamshell
- Rear Differential: Toyota 8.75"
- Gear Ratio: 4.88
- Front ring & pinion
- Front Master Install Kit including upgraded solid pre-load spacer
- Rear ring & pinion
- Rear Master Install Kit including upgraded solid pre-load spacer
- Will not fit Dana built rear axle
- Fits 3.91 & up carrier.
- Fits factory OEM carrier or ARB RD111.
- Only fits models with automatic transmissions and OEM E-locker or manual transmission models.
- Models with automatic transmission but lacking the OEM E-locker use an 8" ring & pinion, TV6-xxx-NG.
- Solid Preload spacer replaces stock type crush sleeve improving bearing preload retention, eliminating possible crush sleeve damage if the yoke is impacted offroad and allows the pinion seal to be serviced without complete disassembly of the differential to replace a crush sleeve and reset pinion bearing preload.
- Nitro Master kits include name brand OE quality bearings.
Nitro Gear Package for 16+ Toyota Tacoma is one of Nitro’s biggest sellers. Why? Because these trucks need regeared. The Tacoma has a very tall overdrive in 5th AND 6th gear to turn low RPMS. The new 3.5l V6 makes plenty of horsepower, but needs to reach it's power band. Even with stock tires we have found the 6th gear is nearly useless, the gearing is so high that the transmission is constantly shifting. In a STOCK Tacoma Automatic 6th gear puts you at ~1500 RPM @ 60MPH. This simply does not work. You may not realize it, but you probably are hardly ever in 6th gear unless you are almost going downhill. By regearing you can bring the motor back to the RPM it needs to be. This will improve Economy, Performance, and shifting. This is one of the most important modifications you can make to your late model Tacoma whether on a stock truck, or especially when running oversized tire. This is the only way to properly compensate for inadequate factory gearing and the increase in tire diameter. We often hear people are worried they will turn high rpm’s if they regear. This is simply not the case. Remember, the Auto trans has a double overdrive.
- 3.91 & Stock Tire, ~1500 RPM @ 60 MPH, ~1750 RPM @ 70 MPH (NOT ENOUGH RPM!)
- 4.88 & Stock Tire, ~1950RPM @ 60 MPH, ~2200 RPM @ 70 MPH
- 33” 4.88, ~1750 RPM @ 60 MPH, ~2000 RPM @ 70 MPH)
- 33” 5.29, ~1900 RPM @ 60 MPH, ~2250 RPM @ 70 MPH)
- *Manual trans RPM figures will be higher.
Here are some rough recommendations based on tire sizes for the average daily driver / weekend warrior: 31"-33" 4.88
34" or larger 5.29 (Great for especially loaded trucks, or towing. Also ideal for 4 cylinder trucks)